The Overseas Mission is a department of the Member fellowship established to professionally execute overseas mission and it performs various overseas mission work under the direction of the main pastor and board of elders.
Overseas Mission Group focuses all its spiritual resources within the church for missions and provides general support by encouraging members to participate in missions undertaken by the church, through intercessory prayer and short term mission trips.
Overseas Mission provides support through development and application of mission policies so that missionaries in mission field may be supported by Somang Presbyterian Church and focus on strategic mission works.
10 Year plan for Overseas Mission (Acts 1:8)
Helping the world - you will be my witnesses to the ends of the earth."
- 1. Develop ministry for the unreached
- 2. Send missionaries from Somang Presbyterian Church, which make up 1% of the total number of members and cooperating missionaries.
- 3. Relocation of missionaries (relocation to closer fields in according to the flow of mission works and directions of ministry)
- 4. Send city missionaries (to developed countries that are becoming Islamic districts)
- 5. Train Somang Presbyterian Church to become a public organization for missions (foster and dispatch Korean nationals and foreigner as overseas missionaries)
Sending to the World - in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria
- 1. Develop ministry for the unreached
- 2. Develop Professional Mission School
- 1) Language School for Missions: Chinese, English, Japanese, Arabic for missions
- 2) School for mission skills: Hand acupuncture, hairdressing, foot massage, body massage
- 3) MK School (teachers for missionaries children)
- 4) Re-training for the missionaries on sabbatical leave
- 1. Send missionaries to the unreached countries
- 2. Mission for churches under persecution
- Guiding believers in communist and Islamic countries into communities of faith
- 3. field experience for long term missionaries (2 years)
- language classes and adaptation to culture
- 4. Increase conditions for dispatching and selecting missionaries
Loving the World - you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you
- 1. Dispatch of interns on short term mission trips - Dispatch from Somang Mission School
- 2. Cooperate with outside missionary organizations outside of Somang Presbyterian Church
- 1. United ministries within the church that have the same vision in missions
(Ex:all groups in Member office, communities, Sunday School, etc.)
- 2. Relocation of Member Office Overseas Mission Group - strengthen team work through cell group system
- 3. Support Foreign Worker Ministry (Categorize ministries by landing/departing foreign workers to the country
- 4. Establish Somang Mission Day to hold events and encourage members to participate in mission work
- 5. Practical meeting of Overseas Mission Group (Develop education programs within the group)
- 6. Provide updates from the missionaries of Somang Presbyterian Church and associated missionaries who are dispatched and support with prayers and love
- 7. Hold short term mission trips at least twice a year
- 8. Make a world map and mark the missionaries who were dispatched from Somang Presbyterian Church and share prayer requests from each missionary
- 9. Hold meetings for each religion once every 6 months
Worship of ghosts
- 10. Strengthen education of staff through retreat
- 11. Encourage people who completed Somang Mission School and Hairdressing School to participate in short term missions
- 12. Organize a program to manage those who completed SMS to guide them into becoming followers of Christ.
- 13. Make missions for every continents more active by supporting with writing letters, sending tapes gifts and showing to the missionaries dispatched
The basis of the strategy is preparing for the second coming of Jesus.
First, the purpose is to spread the gospel to the unreached people groups
based on Matthews 24:14.
(When choosing the unreached people group, the country and race and should be considered thoroughly.
Furthermore, mission work should take place continuously in until the Word is spread.)
Second, support should be provided to the mission field for efficient mission work based on Acts 1:8
The strategy is based on establishing churches in strategic areas, fostering the local people,
and focusing on the local church adapting to the country. The procedures are as follows:
- Pioneer Stage
- Dispatch missionaries who have the gift of leadership that is appropriate
- for the mission area and to pioneer a mission field.
- Parent Stage
- Pioneered mission field are developed and assisted so that the local people can execute their own ministry.
- Discover and train the local, next generation missionaries.
- Partner Stage
- Change the systematical order of the mission field to work on the same level as local spiritual leaders
- to prepare them to minister on their own.
- Participant Stage
- Appoint the system to a mature spiritual leader and have the missionaries take the role of assisting
- and make church and community more stabilized.
- Leaving Stage
- As the local church settles down, leadership should be completely given to the locals
- and missionary should locate to another area and start over from the Pioneer Stage.